High Performance in Healthy Individuals
Photobiomodulation is not only something for those looking at alternative therapies. It can also be used on healthy individuals to drive optimal performance. Did you know Jack Dorsey used to stand under a near infrared light when working at Twitter?
Near-infrared light delivers photons which are packets of light energy, absorbed by the human body, similar to that of the sun providing energy to plants. Light enters cells' mitochondria and is absorbed by the chromophores including the protein CCO Cytochrome C Oxidase which then increases activity.
As a result:
- Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) increases in the main energy source for the majority of cellular functions.
- Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) activate transcription factors positively impacting cellular repair and healing
- Nitric Oxide (NO) increases circulation, decreases inflammation, and enhances the transport of oxygen and immune cells throughout the tissues.
The benefits of these effects above are increased cognitive function, more energy and focus and a higher alertness.
- The effect of photobiomodulation on the brain during wakefulness and sleep Moro, Cecile; Valverde, Audrey; Dole, Marjorie; Hoh Kam, Jaimie; Hamilton, Catherine; et al. 2022 Link
- Effect of Transcranial Low-Level Light Therapy vs Sham Therapy Among Patients With Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury: A Randomized Clinical Trial Figueiro Longo, Maria Gabriela; Tan, Can Ozan; Chan, Suk-tak; Welt, Jonathan; Avesta, Arman; Ratai, Eva; Mercaldo, Nathaniel David; Yendiki, Anastasia; Namati, Jacqueline; Chico-Calero, Isabel; Parry, Blair A; Drake, Lynn; Anderson, Rox ; Rauch, Terry ; Diaz-Arrastia, Ramon; Lev, Michael; Lee, Jarone; Hamblin, Michael; Vakoc, Benjamin; Gupta, Rajiv 2020 Link
- Improving executive function using transcranial infrared laser stimulation Nathaniel J. Blanco, W. Todd Maddox, F. Gonzalez-Lima 2017 Link
- Transcranial infrared laser stimulation produces beneficial cognitive and emotional effects in humans D W Barrett 1, F Gonzalez-Lima 2013 Link
- Effect of Transcranial Near-Infrared Light 1068 nm Upon Memory Performance in Aging Healthy Individuals: A Pilot Study Gordon Dougal, Abdel Ennaceur, Paul L Chazot Link
Neuronic devices are not medical devices under any jurisdiction and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neuronic is not providing any medical advice. We advise you to consult a medical professional and conduct your own independent research.